Te Hautū Kahurangi seeks Te Pou Tuarā.
July 5, 2022
Te Hautū Kahurangi | Tertiary Education Union is looking for a new Te Pou Tuarā to advise, lead, and promote the interests and aspirations of TEU members, Māori, and all others, through TEU’s commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and the whāinga of Te Koeke Tiriti.
Our new Te Pou Tuarā will develop and maintain constructive relationships with branches, members, employers, and political leaders, and will work collaboratively with other TEU staff and with Māori and all other members at both the local and national levels.
The appointee will be expected to have:
- High level of competence in Te Reo Māori me ngā tikanga;
- Commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and the whāinga of Te Koeke Tiriti;
- Highly developed communication skills (both written and oral, in Te Reo Māori and English);
- Sound interpersonal skills; and
- Awareness of cultural, economic, social, and political issues, particularly as they impact on education, Māori, and policy development in general.
Further information and a job description are available from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications, including the names of at least two referees, should reach the above address by Wednesday 13 July 2022.