National Women's Committee.
Women play a central role in TEU, as leaders at both the national and local level.
Gender discrimination continues to mar our workplaces, homes, and communities. The TEU has a network of women’s representatives in branches across the motu who have taken up the challenge to stand for women members and progress gender equality. The ‘Women’s Representative Network’ works alongside the National Women’s Committee which works as an active voice for women in the union at a national level.
National Women's Committee members
Vice President, Women and Committee ChairJael Reiri
Te Awatea (Zanette) Ward
Gender equity toolkit for Women’s representatives
This toolkit provides you with tips, tricks, and resources for you to use in your mahi in progressing gender equity in your workplace.
Campaigning in the TEU is about connecting our expertise across the membership, our union staff and our broader communities to ensure an effective voice for equitable, accessible and transformational education and sustainable, high quality and rewarding work in our educational institutions. Learn about our current work on progressing gender pay equity, building healthy and safe workplaces and Promoting flexible work.
- TEU Women's Newsletter April 2020
- The voice of staff in the Vocational Education Amendment Bill 2019
- TEU Submission on Sex and Gender identity
- TEU Gender Equality Vision Statement
- Te Kaupapa Whaioranga - The Blueprint for Women in Tertiary Education 2013
- Letter to PM Jacinda Ardern - Pay Transparency
- TEU Goals and Workplan 2019-2020
- TKW Women
- Te Koeke Tiriti