Every year TEU teams negotiate better pay and conditions for 10,000 people working in tertiary education.
What are we fighting for?
- Conditions and pay that reflect the energy staff put into tertiary education
- Secure work with fair rewards, gender equity, and a living wage for all
- A voice in decisions that affect our working lives and learning conditions of our students
What’s on our side in negotiations?
- Collective strength;
- Committed members;
- A national industrial strategy; and,
- A team of trained union organisers
Our industrial work is:
- guided by our union goals and values (TEU’s rules and Te Koeke Tiriti);
- reflective of Te Kaupapa Whaioranga – the blueprint for employment relations; and,
- flexible and responsive to changing environments (without abandoning our principles and values).