Tertiary Update Vol 19 No 31
Radio NZ – Staff at Victoria University are seeing red over disagreements regarding their employment negotiations.
As part of their protest, the 850 TEU members will dress in red and play the 1978 Split Enz song I See Red each hour, every hour on their computers, laptops, tablets or phones, while they are at work today.
TEU deputy secretary Nanette Cormack said they wanted to have a bit of fun, but would not rule out more traditional strike action.
Also in Tertiary Update this week:
- TEU plans one-hour strike at University of Auckland
- Otago humanities petition nears 1000 signatures
- University of Otago commits to no fossil fuel investments
- 10,000 call for equal pay
- $209m funding for new science projects
- Government Superannuitants Association
Thanks to Amanda Reilly for the photo:
— Amanda Reilly (@AmandaReillyNZ) September 14, 2016