- Returning Officer’s Report, 13 October 2016
- Nominations are called for the following positions for the 2017 – 2018 term which remain unfilled:
- Please note the following:
Returning Officer’s Report, 13 October 2016
Returning officer Nanette Cormack declares the following candidates elected as they were valid nominations and were unopposed when nominations closed at 5pm on Thursday 6 October.
Te Toi Ahurangi:
|Two Te Tumu Awhina||Huhana Wātene
|One women’s representative||Arihia Waenga|
|One wānanga representative||Maraea Turketo|
|Four general staff representatives||Anahera Morehu
|Four academic staff representatives||Rawhia Te Hau-Grant
National Women’s Committee:
|One Māori representative||Mere Skerrett|
Industrial and Professional Committee:
|Two Māori representatives||Jackie McHaffie
Cormack proposes that she will reopen nominations for the vacancy for an academic staff representative on Te Toi Ahiurangi on Monday 17 October 2016, to close during the Te Uepū hui on Sunday 6 November 2016.
Nominations are called for the following positions for the 2017 – 2018 term which remain unfilled:
- One ITP academic staff representative
National Women’s Committee, Te Kahurangi Māreikura:
- One academic staff representative
- One general/allied/professional staff representatives
- One young woman representative
Industrial and Professional Committee
- One ITP general/allied/professional staff representatives
These positions are for a term of two years. The national president, Te Tumu Whakarae will take office on the third Monday of January 2017 and all other positions will take office on 1 January 2017.
All candidates, must be financial members of the union and belong to the relevant constituency, and must be nominated and seconded by financial members of the union who belong to the relevant constituency.
Nominations must be made using the attached nomination form. The same form must be signed by each of the nominee, the nominator and the seconder. The form may then be scanned and emailed, faxed or physically posted.
Nominations for non-Māori must be accompanied by appropriate information provided by the candidate (maximum length 500 words) and must reach the national office by 5.00 pm on Friday 18 November 2016.
Please note the following:
- All positions are subject to a time limit of three consecutive terms.
- Sections F and G of the TEU rules set out the rules for nominations and elections.
- My advice to you is to not submit your nomination at the last minute as it may have to be ruled invalid if there are errors in the nomination and there is not time enough to correct them.
- Friday 29 July: Nominations are called for all the positions.
- Friday 2 September: Nominations close for all national positions, with the exception of Māori representatives.
- Friday 9 September: Notice (seven calendar days) is given to branch presidents, with instructions on passing on, in the event of any election required for the positions in all national positions, with the exception of Māori representatives.
- Friday 16 September: Ballots open for all national positions, with the exception of Māori representatives.
- Thursday 6 October: Nominations close for Māori representative positions.
- Friday 7 October: Ballots close for all national positions, with the exception of Māori representatives.
- Friday 7 October: List of nominees are circulated to all te uepū representatives for discussion at branches.
- Monday 17 October: Nominations for the vacancy for an academic staff representative on Te Toi Ahiurangi reopen.
- Sunday 6 November: Nominations for the vacancy for an academic staff representative on Te Toi Ahiurangi close. Returning officer elected and elections occur at pre-conference hui of te uepū.
- Friday 18 November: Nominations close for all unfilled national positions
Thanks to Nationaal Archief at Flickr for the photo https://www.flickr.com/photos/nationaalarchief/4986428068