TEU National Women’s Committee, Te Kahurangi Māreikura

Posted By TEU on Dec 15, 2008 |

TEU National Women’s Committee,” Te Kahurangi Māreikura 2013 committee members

National Office:

Suzanne McNabb,

Women’s Officer, [Education, Organising & Policy]
Phone: (04) 801-4798,
Mobile: 021 995 013,

Fax: (04) 801-4799,
http://scr.im/suzannem

cat pauseCat Pausé

TEU national women’s vice president
Massey University
Institute of Education
Telephone: +64 6 356 9099 x8618
Email:  c.pause@massey.ac.nz

Emma Kelly

Emma Kelly is a Research Grants and Contracts Specialist at Auckland University of Technology. She works in the central Research Office at her University, and is very involved in the AUT Women on Campus, a network of 385 general/allied/professional and academic women. Emma is studying part time towards her PhD in Communications and is very interested in the dynamics and engagements between Academic and General Staff in the university system in Aotearoa/New Zealand. She looks forward to supporting the voice of general staff women of TEU.

Frances Oberg-NordtFrancie Oberg-Nordt

susan bennett cv photoSusan Bennett

Susan has been an academic member of staff at Wintec in the IT school for 12  years. She has taken an active role in the local branch, holding the position of Branch President for the last 3 years.

She is looking forward to being a member of the NWC for the next two years.  She is particularly concerned about the increase in casual positions in the ITP sector and the impact these sorts of roles have on the career advancement options available to women.  She intends to assist the NWC to develop resources that will inform women of their options when entering the tertiary workforce.

tracey morganTracey Morgan

Tracey believes feminism is an issue for us all. A fair and just society values all its people. Unions provide a structure for workers to impact on our society and make changes for the benefit of us all. Tracey is happy to bring your concerns/issues to the NWC, a national committee of the TEU.

frances matthesonFrances Matheson

School of Architecture & Design Victoria
University of Wellington
Ph +64-4-463 6212
frances.matheson@vuw.ac.nz

I work at the Faculty of Architecture and Design, as a First Year Workshop Technician. This means I have a multi layered job of teaching, advising and the safety of students in the first year of their degrees. Our average enrolment for the first year is 525-550 students which by the end of the year drops to 490- 520ish

I also have studied 4 years part time for my BA, Design and worked at the university for 8 years concurrently. I am a qualified, Carpenter/Joiner, with Trade Certificate; working in the trade for 26 years. I am married to a Navy Man and have two full on boys 9 and 13.

I have been part of the union for 5 years; I have become a more active member in the last 3years as I have gained more confidence within the university environment. I am now our branch president for the coming year and was one of the team for the last round of bargaining.

To do a Tui beer advert:

Anyone can do Tertiary Administration.

Yeah right! I have take an even more active role within the TEU by becoming part of the National women’s committee; Te kahurangi māreikura.

As a member I would to like promote the role of general staff women as important members of tertiary education staff especially as a majority are in administration where they are commonly seen as expendable and readily replaceable.

Melanie Lewis

Library
University of Otago
Ph +64 3 4798910
melanie.lewis@otago.ac.nz

susan wateneSusan Wātene

Ngati-Porou
Unitec, Foundation Studies
Phone: 09-815 4321 ext 8842
swatene@unitec.ac.nz